Behave or forever be banned. Only ENGLISH or ROMANIAN allowed. No cursing, no attacks, no spam.
- Close Winamp if it is currently running
- Download the installer, which is a ZIP file, to a desired location on disk
- Open the ZIP file using your favorite unarchiving software.
- The installer is inside the archive. Most probably you will be able to double click it directly from the archive viewer in order to run it.
- If not, extract the file somewhere and run it from there.
- After the installation completes, open Winamp, go to Preferences (press CTRL + P), click the General purpose list item
located in the lower section of the left panel, and double click Yahoo! Messenger Now Playing to configure the plugin as you like.
- The Yahoo! Messenger status is not changed at all
- Make sure the plugin is loaded in Winamp and status changing is enabled in the plugin configuration dialog.
- Some statuses are blocked by the plugin or by the Yahoo! servers. Try another status, or try listening to another song.
- If you just installed Yahoo! Messenger, restart Winamp.
- Make sure you use a supported Yahoo! Messenger version
- Under some occasions, if you use the headphones option, Yahoo! Messenger will ask you to confirm your new status using a dialog box. Please confirm.
- Status is changed to an older one instead of the correct one.
- This plugin detects the current version of your Yahoo! Messenger using a Registry key written by the Yahoo! Messenger installer.
It can happen that the key does not reflect reality, and as such unexpected behaviour can occur. Verify that the following registry key
contains the correct Yahoo! Messenger version which you are using:
Value name: Double click the value Version to edit it
Value data: Change the major version value (e.g. 8.x.x.x) to 9.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x (the main idea is that the major version value is to be correct)
- My status is changed in YM but it doesn't get updated to the other people
- Your status is currently blocked by the Yahoo! Servers. This happens when you change it too often over a period of time.
Wait 1 or 2 hours.
- I use more than one Yahoo! Messenger instances. The plugin doesn't work
- Only one instance of YM is supported at the moment
- This plugin is the best! Why isn't it published on winamp.com?
- Winamp plugin submission system sucks. And there's this page already, so why bother? Google does the magic and brings you here anyway.
- How do I use this plugin? Why doesn't my status change? Something else doesn't work, can you help me?
- This software is freeware. There is no guarantee that it will work as expected as time goes on. If something's
broken, you're on your own. I do NOT do technical support, so don't even bother to ask, you'll just be ignored. The only
troubleshooting available officially from me is on this page, anything else is your responsability.
Found a Bug?
Damn those! Please use this forum thread to post any problems with this plugin.
In order to post you need to have a forum account; registration is free.
Winamp plugin programmed by Adrian Creţu © 2006-2011. Webpage design © 2011
<< take me up...